Friday, November 26, 2010

Quote Thursday - Rebecca Harding Davis

Yes, I know it isn't Thursday today, but I was really busy on Thanksgiving. So, I am doing Quote Thursday today. :)

Here is the quote I was supposed to do on Thanksgiving:

For, after all, put it as we may to ourselves, we are all of us from birth to death guests at a table which we did not spread. The sun, the earth, love, friends, our very breath are parts of the banquet.... Shall we think of the day as a chance to come nearer to our Host, and to find out something of Him who has fed us so long?

~Rebecca Harding Davis


I found this quote very fitting for Thanksgiving, seeing as how we, as Christians, seek to remember and give thanks for the blessings that God has given us in our lives on that day. I was also reminded that we should not only reserve this special privilege for Thanksgiving, but for every other day of the year. My challenge to you and me this week: let us continually, in every moment of our day, seek to reflect on the Lord's goodness and faithfulness in our lives and praise and glorify Him, not only for the good times of life, but also for the times when He has walked with us hand-in-hand through the fire of testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment