Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Today's Struggles

Right now, I'm struggling.

The past few nights, I've been going to bed pretty late...which has left me feeling very tired today.

Because of this, I have been much more easily annoyed and irritated and have been struggling with thoughts of bitterness and self-pity. (But really, what do I have to feel sorry for myself about? Nothing.)

Oh, I have been trying to do this in my own strength today, struggling against my sinful flesh.

But, I cannot do it on my own. I can do nothing good, apart from Him working in me.

Lord Jesus, I am fighting for joy, but I am not strong enough to fight alone. Please take my emotions, my attitudes, my desires, and mold them into Yours. For the rest of this night, please grant me the joy, Your joy that I need to be victorious. My Jesus, I look to You now as the great Author and Perfecter of my faith. Work in me according to Your will, to the praise of Your glorious Name!

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment