Sunday, August 9, 2009

Explanation for the Title of My Blog

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me

I once was lost, but now I'm found

Was blind, but now I see


My chains are gone

I've been set free

My God, my Savior has ransomed me

And like a flood His mercy reigns

Unending love, Amazing grace


I am pretty safe to say that the first verse of 'Amazing Grace' describes so eloquently, the state that every human being resides in before they are saved. We are wretches, lost, and blind; desiring only the furtherance of ourselves. The Bible describes the unsaved person as someone who is not seeking after God, a slave to sin, and whose life will end in spiritual death. In our own strength, there is nothing we can do about it. It doesn't matter how many good deeds we do, how much money we make, or how kind we are to the less-fortunate.

That's where those two words come into play; amazing grace! Since Christ died on the cross taking our sin upon Himself and paying the penalty for the sin that we have committed, we can be free! Free from sin, and alive in Christ! Romans 10:9 says, "If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Then we can sing with overflowing hearts of gratitude,


My chains are gone

I've been set free

My God, my Savior has ransomed me

And like a flood His mercy reigns

Unending love, Amazing grace


That is why I have named my blog "Unmerited Redemption." There is nothing I can do to repay Christ for His sacrificial death. As an unworthy sinner having broken God's commandments, I don't deserve anything from Almighty God, yet He has made me His daughter and co-heir with Christ! Truly, amazing grace!


Truly, unmerited redemption!


No comments:

Post a Comment