Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Sister!

As most of you probably already know, my family is adopting! We started the whole adoption process back in September 2008. We weren't planning to adopt a special needs child, at first. After much prayer and God changing our hearts, we started the adoption process to adopt a Down Syndrome baby from Hong Kong.

It's almost been a year since we began that journey.

Naturally, I was excited. I was getting another little sister! I never really thought about what God might teach me through this process though. He definitely knows what His children need to learn, doesn't He?!

For me, it was patience.

My family was hoping to have had Charity (my new sister's name) by June, but after some complications, we weren't able to. Of course, I was disappointed when we couldn't fly to Hong Kong in June. But, we are now hoping to be able to get her around late September, early October. Who knows?! It may be this month, late October, December, next year for all we know. But, the promise we can hold onto is that God is in control and His timing is perfect!

So, the Lord knows what I need, when I need it! I thank Him for that! He has been teaching me to rely solely on Him for everything! We ARE getting closer to the day we will finally hold her in our arms and be able to bring her home.

Lately, we got some updated pictures, medical information, and a 15 minute video of our beloved girl. It was so exciting to watch her crawl around, smile as she plays with her toys, and walk with assistance. It was encouragement we needed! We praise the Lord for His goodness and faithfulness even in this little trial!

By the way, I'll make sure to keep everybody posted.

Here are the updated pictures of Charity Anne Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment