Thursday, October 7, 2010

Quote Thursday - John Flavel

As I was looking at different quotes for a research paper today, I found a quote that I wanted to share with you all. I think I'm also going to start Quote Thursday, where I post a new quote every Thursday. Here's the quote:

No husband is so undying and everlasting a husband as Christ is; death separates all other relations, but the soul's union with Christ is not dissolved in the grave. Indeed, the day of a believer's death is his marriage day, the day of his fullest enjoyment of Christ. No husband can say to his wife, what Christ says to the believer, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you."

-John Flavel

Hallelujah, what a Savior! This quote brings to mind Romans 8:38-39.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment