Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Singing through December~ Song #1

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6

Hallelujah! What a precious Savior we have to worship this Christmas! And what a special privilege we have to worship Him in song! Christmas songs are such a blessing, aren't they?! There are so many beautiful songs that glorify our Lord and turn our hearts to Him!

Immanuel: God with us.

As Christians, Christmas is about Christ. We have the privilege of using this special time of year to remember and celebrate God becoming man (a baby) for us. 

And this Christ-child deserves our worship. 

This December, I'm doing a blogpost series called Singing through December. Every 5 days, I'll post a new Christmas song. That means I'll be sharing my 5 favorites with you (not in any specific ranking order).

 I would love for you to join me! Comment under each post and share a link of your 5 favorite Christ-honoring Christmas songs. There are so many wonderful songs, it's hard to choose just 5...which is why I'm so excited for you to share your favorites as well.

My hope and prayer is that this will be a precious time of encouraging one another with songs that lift up and exalt our Savior this Christmas! 

So, here we go. Song #1 for Singing through December is....

Be Born In Me by Francesca Battistelli

This is a fairly new song, but the words are so beautiful. Be Born in Me is written from Mary's standpoint and gives a challenging example of the surrendered heart we must have as Christ's followers. Our Lord calls us to different trials in life, but we must each surrender our will to His and be able to say, "Not my will, but Yours be done!" 

I hope you're encouraged by this song!



So...what's one of your favorite Christmas songs?

10 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! :-)

    My favorite song is "O Holy Night!" I particularly like this version by Josh Groban:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFln-AlC46M

    I'll be adding to the list! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrick! Oh, I agree! Josh Groban's version of "O Holy Night" is amazing! Such a beautiful song! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful idea!

    Here is one Christmas song that my family and I have enjoyed this Christmas season!

    It's so beautifully amazing how much we are loved!! Amazing that not only did He come to die for us, but He planned it before He created this world!! All glory goes to Him!!

    Here's the song:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxuOdqJwcak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this, Ana! I had never heard "Mystery" before, but the lyrics are SO rich! I will definitely be adding this to my "favorites" list! :)

      Amen! All glory to Him!

      Delete
  3. This is a fun idea, Makenna! :)
    I don't think I had heard the song "Be Born in Me" before. It's a beautiful song!

    I recently came across a Christmas song by the Getty's called "Holy Child" and it quickly became a favorite of mine. I love the words!
    Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZup1mkOeyI

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, "Holy Child" is such a beautiful song! I hadn't heard it before, so thank you for sharing it! :)

      Some of my favorite lines from the song are:
      "Now to us the highest King is born
      Behold the Royal Son
      Glory kneels to mend all that is torn
      The promised Child has come"

      Praise the Lord for the precious gift of His Son!

      Delete
  4. Great idea! Here's a song also from Mary's viewpoint - Breath of Heaven, Sara Grove's. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCyxi6E0DUg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; that's another lovely song! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  5. This song has been one of my favorite Christmas songs for years. The video clips are from the movie, Christmas Shoes which was inspired by the song, I think...

    It's a touching song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfAq7kxHjPk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. That is a very touching song! :) Thank you for sharing!

      Delete