Monday, December 10, 2012

Singing through December~ Song #2

How is everyone doing this beautiful Monday morning? 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the first Singing through December post. It's been so encouraging to hear all of the songs you've shared. Thank you so much!

So, are you ready for the second Christmas song?

We're all "used" to the story of Christ's birth.We're so familiar with it that it can easily grow old. The following song beautifully describes the unfathomable awe of the incarnation. The great, majestic King of the Universe laid aside His glory and humbled Himself to the lowest place...to save us from our sin. Hallelujah!

Disclaimer: Clips in this video are taken from The Nativity Story. I know that it is biblically incorrect for the wise men to appear at the stable. So, please...just look past that, if you could. I was thinking about choosing a different video, but decided that the clips were a beautiful addition to the song. I hope you think so too.



Here With Us- Joy Williams

It's still a mystery to me,
That the hands of God could be so small,
How tiny fingers reaching in the night,
Were the very hands that measured the sky

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Heaven's love reaching down to save the world,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Son of God, Servant King, Here with us,
You're here with us

Still a mystery to me,
How His infant eyes had seen the dawn of time,
How His ears had heard an angels' symphony,
But still Mary had to rock her Savior to sleep

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Heaven's love reaching down to save the world,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Son of God, Servant King, Here with us,
You're here with us

Jesus the Christ, born in Bethlehem,
A baby born to save, to save the souls of man

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Heaven's love reaching down to save the world,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Son of God, Servant King, Here with us,
You're here with us


What did you think of "Here With Us"? What's another of your favorite Christmas songs?

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song; thank you for sharing it, Makenna! I had not heard that one before.

    Here's another favorite Christmas song, "Silent Night." :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaFrgdz-uvg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana, thank you SO much for posting this song! This is definitely my favorite version of "Silent Night," but I had completely forgotten about it. So, thank you for reminding me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, thank you so much! I used to love this song, and forget all about it. Didn't know the name or sang. So glad I saw this! :)

    Another one I like is "One Child."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_RYA4t8t8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm so glad you were able to remember it. :)

      Thank you for sharing "One Child" with me! The lyrics are lovely! Natalie Grant has some great songs on her Christmas CD, doesn't she?

      Delete
  4. That's a nice song! It is fun to find out about new Christmas songs.

    "Who Is He In Yonder Stall" is another favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Amy! I had never heard of that song before. I love how it goes through the life of Christ! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Patrick, thank you so much for posting this song! I had never heard it before, but it has become one of my favorites! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, You're welcome! :-D

      Delete
  7. Makes me cry. What a merciful God we have!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete