Friday, March 19, 2010

The Answer to the Mount Rushmore Question is....

Thank you to everyone who answered the Mount Rushmore poll! I just thought it might be kind of fun to have some interaction with the people who are reading my blog!

For those of you who did not get to vote, the question was "How many people were killed in the making of Mount Rushmore?" The possible answers were a) 5 b) 156 c) none d) 38.

Well, the two people who guessed "None" were correct. No one was killed in the making of Mount Rushmore!

I thought this fact was pretty amazing...and so did my dad. Actually, it was funny because as we were taking pictures of Mount Rushmore, my dad was commenting about how sad it was that so many lives were lost in the carving of Mount Rushmore. I asked him how many he thought were killed and he answered, "Well, I think it was a couple hundred." When we went into the Gift Shop, my dad asked the cashier how many people were killed and she answered none. The only injuries produced as a result of Mount Rushmore were broken body parts. So, that was kind of funny! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the day!

By the way, thank you all for your prayers this morning about safety while driving in the snow! We are now in Butte, Montana and the weather is beautiful...compared to what it was earlier. It is still pretty chilly, but the sun is shining and there is no snow to be seen...except on top of the mountains surrounding us!

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I was guessing 38 because I thought I had read it somewhere!

    Silly me!
    Keilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, i was really wrong..... 138 haha!! my mom guessed none though!! that's pretty amazing that no one died though!! you should see National Treasure 2 and then you'll find out the real reason for Mount Rushmore. :)
    LOVE!!!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete