Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Journey to Washington: Day 6

Ok, I know I've been slacking this weekend with blogging...I'm sorry! So, here's the weekend update!

Our journey, in one sense, has ended...we are no longer driving. Yet in another sense, the journey has just begun...we are beginning a new life in Washington.

Saturday was our last day of driving. We drove from Spokane, WA to North Bend, WA. During the day, we stopped off at a scenic overlook. The scenery was breathtaking! Then, as we continued our drive to North Bend, we took some pictures of the mountains. Here are some pictures of the day.

Scenic Overlook:


Both this picture and the picture before it are pictures from the view of the scenic overlook.

There were so many gecko/lizard things (I don't exactly know what they were) running around....they blended in really well though.



My dad and sister, Ariana had some fun with the rocks. While they stood on the cliff below, they held onto the rocks above, pretending like they were dangling in the air about to fall.

We all had some individual shots taken as well. Ari and I had them taken with my dog, Boo....he's so photogenic. :)








Ari took many lovely shots of flowers while we were at the scenic overlook! I am always amazed at her photographic eye!


Pictures of the Mountains (I hope you guys aren't getting sick of mountain pictures) :)







We arrived on Saturday, but unlike what we thought, we were not able to move into our new house right away. The former renters had not moved out yet, so we decided to stay at a hotel that night to relax after our 6 day journey. (Why we were so tired after sitting in a motorhome for six days beats me...)

The next day was Sunday...wow, I'm so profound! ;) The beginning of the day was spent getting ready for church and taking our belongings out of the hotel room. After leaving the hotel, we went to Puget Sound. My dad had talked with a guy that said he had seen whales there yesterday. Even though we didn't see any whales, it was so nice to walk on the beach and enjoy the sunshine!

After the beach, we went to church. What an amazing experience! The love, genuine kindness, and excitement that the families had for us was incredible! They already feel like family. The worship, sermon, shared meal, and fellowship time made yesterday an extraordinary day! Thank you to everyone at HOFCC who embraced us into their church family and made it feel like home!

Moving on to today...March 22.

First of all, it's my mom's birthday today! Happy Birthday Mom!!! Thank you for the godly example that you are to me every single day! May you continue to grow even closer to our Savior in this upcoming year!

Last night, the Harpers invited us to park our motorhome at their house. We had a great time getting to know them a little more and are so thankful for their amazing generosity! They served us a wonderful breakfast, decorated the outside of our motorhome with balloons for my mom's birthday, gave us an excellent dinner, and bought a birthday cake for my mom as well! They are so sweet! Thank you so much!

We also got some news today concerning the new house we're renting. The landowner called us and let us know that the former renters have moved out and we can start moving our stuff in tomorrow. She is also allowing us to paint whatever we want, so that is what we will be doing tomorrow. Hopefully, we will start moving our belongings in on Wednesday. We'll see how things unfold...

Answers to Prayer:
  • Safety on our trip out West
  • God's faithfulness in providing an extraordinary church family
  • The ability to move into our house tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Hi Makenna,

    I am so glad to hear you arrived safely and had such a wonderful welcome from your new church family. Please give your mom my belated birthday blessings - I am sorry I missed it! It continues to be beautiful here. We had more snow on Saturday and I was so sad after all the great sunshine and warmer temps. Sunday afternoon the sun came out and melted it all and now we are back at sunny and 50. I appreciate your updates and look forward to hearing more about your new home.

    Much love,

    Meryl

    ReplyDelete